Inviting Attendees to Your Virtual Event
It's finally time to invite your attendees to your virtual event, congratulations!
This article assumes you already have your attendees populated in your event's dashboard, either by importing them if you're using an external registration system or by using PheedLoop's built-in registration system. There are two common ways to invite attendees to your virtual event portal, one involves using PheedLoop's multi-purpose announcement system, and the other is slightly simpler but quicker and that involves sending what is called the "Virtual Event Welcome" email.
Option 1 - Custom Announcement
Creating a custom announcement gives you the greatest level of control and insight into the formatting and performance of your email invitations. For the most basic setup, follow these steps.
Step 1 - Create a new announcement via the Communications module in your event's dashboard - Click the green "Create" button
Step 2 - Fill in the following fields to configure your announcement
- Title (e.g. Welcome to the Virtual Event!)
- Description (e.g. offer some instructions, promote sponsors, anything you feel is valuable information)
- Check the option called Email Notifications Enabled
- Set the Call-To-Action Text (e.g. Open Virtual Event Portal)
- Set the Call-To-Action URL to your virtual event's URL (e.g. https://pheedloop.com/space/virtual/)
- Check the option called Include Login Credentials
Step 3 - Send the announcement out to your attendees
- Select the announcement from the table and click on the Actions menu
- If you'd like to send a test announcement to yourself, click on Send Single Announcement and fill in your email address (ensure you are also listed as an attendee at your event)
- If you'd like to send the announcement out to everyone, click on Send Bulk Announcement
It may take several seconds to minutes depending on the number of people you are sending the announcement out to, so please leave the window active while the sending action is in progress.
This is the most common, popular, and simple use-case for creating a virtual event invitation using an announcement. Feel free to explore the many additional options the announcement system offers, but with caution as there are many settings available best suited for advanced PheedLoop users.
Option 2 - Virtual Event Welcome Email
PheedLoop also has a virtual event welcome email function built-in to the attendee system itself. It provides a convenient and easy way for you to send out this very specific announcement with minimal set up to individual attendees, or in bulk.
Step 1 - Edit the virtual event welcome email template
Visit Communications > Email Templates, and select the Virtual Portal Welcome template. Edit the Subject and Body Text as you see fit.
Step 2 - Send the virtual event welcome email to one or more attendees
Visit the Attendees module in your dashboard, select one or more attendees, and from the table's Actions menu, select Virtual Event Welcome. It may take several seconds to minutes depending on the number of people you are sending the email out to, so please leave the window active while the sending action is in progress.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my attendees get access to the virtual portal automatically if using PheedLoop's registration system?
If you are using PheedLoop's registration, your ticket holders will automatically receive a link to the virtual portal in the Registration Confirmation email. You can disable this link in this email by navigating to Communications > Email Templates > Registration Confirmation Email > and disabling the Enable Call to Action Button toggle.