Getting Started with the Mobile Event App
PheedLoop's mobile event application (PheedLoop Go!) is an incredibly powerful part of the ecosystem of tools you have at your disposal. PheedLoop Go is designed to help your attendees access your entire event, from information and live interaction to networking, push notifications, games, and beyond, in a compact and convenient format available on all devices. Typically, on-site or hybrid events use PheedLoop Go as attendees attening events in-person find the mobile app format to be most convenient. Plus, we've packed in loads of on-site specific functions into PheedLoop Go like interactive floor plans, mobile badge printing, lead scanning, attendance scanning, scavenger hunts, and more.
Note: In order to use the mobile event app for your event, you must have it added to your account and activated. Many accounts will have free access to the mobile event app built-in to their plan depending on the experience modules they have purchased. Reach out your our team if you have any questions.
How to Access
Accessing PheedLoop Go is as quick as clicking on Event Portals at the top of your dashboard, selecting Mobile Event App, and selecting the interface you're interested in exploring.
- Event App Landing Page: This is a generic landing page that is meant to be shared with attendees. It allows attendees to select exactly which platform they'd like to view the event through, along with some simple instructions and branding (i.e. web/desktop, iOS, Android, virtual web portal). There's not much that you need to do with this page, but it's a good page to share with attendees perhaps when sending out announcements and invitations (from within PheedLoop, or externally).
- Mobile App Preview: This page is quite popular for event planners as it allows them to visualize PheedLoop Go in a mobile phone interface on the web, so they often use this to run quick tests or see how their changes look as they populate their event with content or adjust settings. This is a page that is not meant for attendees to use.
- Desktop/Web Link: This interface allows PheedLoop Go to be accessed via a standard web browser, as PheedLoop's mobile event app works cross-platform both on mobile devices natively and via browsers. This is a good option for events or attendees that do not want to download anything to their phones, or just want a convenient way to jump right into PheedLoop Go. Typically the desktop/web interface for PheedLoop Go isn't actually used on large devices like laptops because PheedLoop Go is meant to be a mobile experience and is optimized for such devices. The better interface to use instead for participation in an event via a laptop or desktop device would be the Virtual Web Portal.
- iOS App Download: This is a link to PheedLoop Go in the Apple iOS app store. Upon downloading the app, your attendees would login with their credentials and select your event. If you have a white labeled app, the link to download the iOS app would be different from the general PheedLoop Go one.
- Android App Download: This is a link to PheedLoop Go in the Google Play store. Upon downloading the app, your attendees would login with their credentials and select your event. If you have a white labeled app, the link to download the Android app would be different from the general PheedLoop Go one.
One of the things that makes PheedLoop Go standout not only from the other technologies in the PheedLoop ecosystem, but also from the many event apps out there on the market, is its array of on-site specific features all built-in for seamless functioning within the app itself. This means if you are running an event with an on-site component, you'll almost certainly want to use PheedLoop Go. Examples of on-site specific functions include interactive floor plans, QR code-based gamification, business card exchange, lead capture for exhibitors, wireless badge printing, session check-in scanning, event check-in scanning, and more.
To add your on-site venue map, please navigate to Experiences > On-site > Venue Map.
These days, events choosing a hybrid format is commonplace. PheedLoop Go is equipped with tools that make it incredibly easy for on-site attendees to interact with virtual attendees. At the core of the hybrid experience is the fact that the mobile app experience uses the same backend database and functions as the virtual event experience, so things like networking, live session interaction, data and analytics, and more are perfectly in sync. You can expect to use PheedLoop Go to allow your on-site attendees to do everything from running video calls to competing in games with virtual attendees.
Learn more about white labeled mobile event apps here