Setting Up Your On-Site Tablets for On-Site Printing and Check-In
Setting up PheedLoop’s on-site check-in kiosk is extremely fast, simple and intuitive. By now you should have your printers connected to PheedLoop' (see link here) and your printers are showing as “Online” under Experiences > On-Site > Badge Printers. Now it’s time for you to connect your tablets to PheedLoop’s on-site check-in system so that attendees can check in and print badges. Please note that any tablet or device that is internet-enabled will be able to connect to your printers.
Connecting Your Tablets
- Within your dashboard, click into Event Portals > On-Site Portals > OnSight (Check-In Kiosk). A new tab will open up and this will be the live page where your on-site check-in system will live. Copy this link and paste it into your tablet’s internet browser.
- You will be prompted to sign-in if you haven’t signed in previously. Please use your admin credentials. If you are asked for the Event Code, please enter it. You can find your event code by navigating to Settings > Event Power-ups.
- Once you are logged in, click on the gear icon located on the top right corner of your check-in interface’s screen. Select the printer you’d like to test and badge template you’d like to designate for badges printed via this kiosk. Keep in mind that multiple tablets can be connected to a single printer, all with their own settings that can be customized on the fly.
Customize Your Check-in Experience:
Before you check-in, don't forget to customize your check-in experience! Here are a few pointers for you to consider:
- Upload your check-in kiosk banner. This image will be shown at the top of the check-in interfact. Navigate to General > Design > Banners > Check-In Kiosk Banner Image.
- By default when attendees check-in, they will receive a check-in welcome email that directs attendees to the event app. If you would like to customize this, go to Communications > Email Templates and select the relevant email template you’d like to modify.
- If you want to disable this from triggering, navigate to Experiences > On-Site > Settings. You can further customize your check-in experience here.